Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Identifier: Mss .A54
Scope and Contents The bulk of the collection consists of Andrews' correspondence, manuscripts, and transcripts of Andrews' broadcasts and talks from 1934 to1944. It also contains one folder of family and biographical documents and newspaper clippings received from Charles Gallenkamp, Andrews' biographer, in 1990. The majority of the administrative papers' correspondence concerns requests for speaking engagements about Andrews' explorations, requests for articles, and letters from the public and from companies...
Identifier: Mss .A93
Identifier: PPC .C453
Content Description This collection documents the first of a series of expeditions conducted and managed by AMNH Ornithologist, Frank M. Chapman. The study was one of the first to study elevational differences in bird species.
Identifier: Archives Microfilm #56
Identifier: PPC .C4539
Scope and Contents Includes New England; New York; Florida; Virginia; South Carolina; British Isles. Negative numbers are printed below photographs.
Identifier: Mss .G7441
Scope and Contents The collection consists of administrative, scientific, academic and personal papers, and correspondence. Papers include Gregory's general correspondence with universities, colleges and scientists about his research topics and publications; correspondence with museums about purchasing replicas of fossils; and with students seeking employement. Other papers include lecture notes prepared for zoology classes emphasizing evolution, 1925-1926 and 1939; and manuscripts and notes for his publications:...
Identifier: Mss .A451-.A452
Identifier: Mss .M43
Scope and Contents The collection consists entirely of photocopies of handwritten letters. The first letter, dated May 17, 1883, is from Albert S. Bickmore, founder and superintendent of the AMNH, concerning Mearns's proposed donation of a collection of birds. The second letter is from curator J.A. Allen, discussing details of the specimens. Other correspondents include James P. Chapin, Frank M. Chapman, L.P. Gratacap, C. Hart Merriam, Jenness Richardson and Anthony Woodward.
Identifier: PPC .N87
Scope and Contents Portraits of scientits that were used in the following publications: Origins and Development of North American Avian Biogeography, p. 392; Contributions to the History of North American Ornithology, pp.387-428.
Identifier: Mss .R6673-.R6675
Scope and Content Note This collection consists of three boxes of correspondence (typed carbon copies, photocopies and originals) between Roosevelt and various individuals. The majority of the letters are between Roosevelt and Frank M. Chapman (AMNH ornithologist) or Henry Fairfield Osborn (geologist, paleontologist, and AMNH President) whom Roosevelt was particularly friendly. The correspondence generally covers topics related to the men’s shared interests in the different fields of natural history, as well as the...
- Manuscript Collection 7
- Ornithologists -- United States -- Correspondence 3
- Photographic Print Collection 3
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 2
- Naturalists -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Zoologists -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Animals -- Classification 1
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Australia -- Description and travel. 1
- Birds -- Catalogs and collections -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Birds -- Classification 1
- Birds -- Collection and preservation 1
- Conservationists -- United States 1
- Explorers -- Travel. 1
- Fishes -- Anatomy. 1
- Fishes -- Evolution. 1
- Game protection -- United States 1
- Hunting -- United States -- Public opinion 1
- Hunting guns 1
- Ichthyologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Mammals -- Classification 1
- Mammals -- Collection and preservation 1
- Mammals -- Evolution. 1
- Mammals -- North America. 1
- Mongolia -- Description and travel 1
- Museum curators -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence. 1
- New Zealand -- Description and travel. 1
- Ontogeny. 1
- Paleontologists -- Correspondence 1
- Paleontologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Paleontology -- Research -- History. 1
- Primates -- Evolution. 1
- Scientific expeditions 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Africa. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Australia. 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China) 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Russia (Federation) -- Siberia 1
- Transvaal (South Africa) -- Description and travel. 1
- Vertebrates, Fossil 1
- Voyages and travels 1 ∧ less