Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The collection consists entirely of photocopies of handwritten letters. The first letter, dated May 17, 1883, is from Albert S. Bickmore, founder and superintendent of the AMNH, concerning Mearns's proposed donation of a collection of birds. The second letter is from curator J.A. Allen, discussing details of the specimens. Other correspondents include James P. Chapin, Frank M. Chapman, L.P. Gratacap, C. Hart Merriam, Jenness Richardson and Anthony Woodward.
Portraits of scientits that were used in the following publications: Origins and Development of North American Avian Biogeography, p. 392; Contributions to the History of North American Ornithology, pp.387-428.
- Birds -- Catalogs and collections -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Naturalists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Ornithologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Photographic Print Collection 1
- Agassiz, Louis, 1807-1873 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Mammalogy 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology 1
- Chapin, James Paul, 1889-1964 1
- Gratacap, L. P. (Louis Pope), 1851-1917 1