Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Mostly consists of field photographs from the Belgian Congo including birds, nests, large mammals, lakes, general landscape and buildings. Also includes pictures of colleagues and/or family, Pygmies and a Pygmy dance, Watusi dance and some images showing the preparation for the Ross Expedition (1957). A few slides taken in the United States, primarily California.
Photographs from the Chapin Collection taken mostly in Africa, including Senegal, Belgian Congo, Rwanda, and a few photographs from the United States, including Carl Akeley's grave. Images of birds, birds' nests, flowering trees, indigenous people, colleagues, and family.
This collection is comprised of James Paul Chapin's bibliography files on the Democratic Republic of Congo. One drawer contains files on books solely about Kivu, a region of the Congo. Titles referenced in the files are from the 20th century.
- Research Library Special Collections 3
- Department of Ornithology Archives 1
- Congo (Democratic Republic) 3
- Birds -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 2
- Photographic Slide Collection 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology. Archives. 1
- Birds -- Africa 1
- Honeyguides. 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Natural history -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Ornithologists -- Correspondence. 1
- Ornithology -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Pygmies -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Rwanda 1
- Senegal 1
- Tutsi (African people) 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology 1
- Chapin Field Trip to the Eastern Congo (1953-1958) 1