Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 43
Identifier: PSC 627C
Scope and Contents Studio photographs of gem and mineral specimens.
Identifier: PSC 587A
Scope and Contents Photographs of the Movable Museum bus in front of the AMNH entrance on 77th Street.
Identifier: PSC 611C
Scope and Contents Photographs taken in the AMNH Courtyard of the old restaurant demolition.
Identifier: PSC 106
Abstract Portraits of AMNH scientific staff from various departments and views of the labs. Portraits include Niles Eldredge, Peter Möller, Brenda M. Rivera, Diane Bynum, Sidney Horenstein, Nina Root, Jerry Rosen, Richard Tedford, Ross MacPhee, Bill Guch, Barnum Brown, Ray de Lucia, Melanie Stiassny, Radford Arrindell, George Langdon, John Van Couvering, Richard Zwiefel, Marie Lawrence, Laura Freeman, Andy DeSantis, among others.
American Museum of Natural History special events photographic slides of Kwanzaa and Black History month, 1992, 1993.
Identifier: PSC 548
Abstract Photographs taken at the AMNH during the Kwanzaa Celebration on December 29, 1992, and Black History Month, February 1993.
Identifier: PSC 91
Scope and Contents Slides from the opening ceremony for the temporary exhibition Asante: Kingdom of Gold, held at the American Museum of Natural History, October 14, 1984. Shows procession on Central Park West from West 72 Street to West 79 Street. King Otumfuo Opoku Ware II, courtiers, Asante musicians, Mayor Ed Koch and Thomas Nicholson shown participating in the ceremony. Also includes press slides of the artifacts displayed.
Identifier: PSC 589
Abstract Photographs of Big Bear's medicine bundle (Plains/Cree). The Cree medicine bundle is comprised of a canvas bag over several layers of calico cloth. In it are a bear paw mounted on red flannel, a bundle of sweet grass and a plug of tobacco.
Identifier: PSC 660
Scope and Contents Views of the temporary exhibition Capturing Time: The New York Times Capsule, held at the American Museum of Natural History, December 4, 1999-March 26, 2000.
Identifier: PSC 105C
Scope and Contents Views of the Patagonia Dinosaur Embryo and Eggs exhibition, held in the Orientation Room of the AMNH Dinosaur Halls, January 1999.
Identifier: PSC 555
Abstract Views of the temporary exhibition Dinosaurs of the Lost World, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1997, Whale Hall. Includes displays, models, and theater.
- Names: Beckett, J. (Jackie) X
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 25
- Africans 1
- Amber 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Ashanti (African people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Calcite 1
- Cree Indians 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Gems 1
- Gems -- Photographs 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Minerals 1
- Minerals -- Photographs 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Moon 1
- Museum visitors 1
- North America 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Portraits 1
- Pottery, Prehistoric 1
- Sarapes -- Mexico 1
- Scientists -- Portraits 1
- Sculpture 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Serigraphy 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Star trek (Television program) -- Exhibitions 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Tlingit art 1
- Watercolor painting 1
- Wildlife photography -- Competitions 1 ∧ less