Showing Collections: 21 - 24 of 24
One individual perched, facing left. No background. Fringilla townsendi. Frame: Brown wood frame, matted, glazed, 1 1/2 wide, Framed with 3 other J.J. Audubon birds.
White-tailed jack rabbit, Lepus townsendii. Two individuals facing left on bare ground. Hare lying in foreground; one in background sitting, ears erect. Background ferns, mountains, and sky. Inscription: LC "Townsend's Rocky Moutain Hare Lepus Townsendii." Frame: Brown mahogany, matted, glazed 31 1/2 x 38 1/2.
Gulo luscus. One individual snarling, facing left, standing or walking slowly on a slope grass, plants, two rotted branches in foreground. Inscription: On back "Wolverine J.J. Audubon - July 3rd, 1841 - New York - no. 6 - plate 26. Original marks pasted on back of mount under the wood backing" On back "Original drawing of the wolverine by John J. Audubon - M.R. Audubon/Plate 26/no. 6." Frame: Gold painted frame, glazed, 3 7/8 wide.
- Art Survey 21
- Mammals 14
- Birds 7
- Photographic Slide Collection 2
- Mammals -- North America. 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Naturalists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Ornithologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 2
- Photo Studio 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology 1
- Audubon 1
- Audubon, M. Eliza (Mary Eliza) 1