Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: VPA 14
Scope and Contents The Department of Vertebrate Paleontology began sending staff into the field as early as the first year of its founding in 1891. Since then, the department has organized and supported decades of seminal field work as it continues to do today.From the field correspondence were written by field workers relaying events during excavations and expeditions. The collection includes department field communications from 1891 to 1969. While Henry Fairfield Osborn was in the department, the...
Identifier: VPA 105
Scope and Contents Department of Vertebrate Paleontology correspondence from 1887-1966, alphabetized by subject or author. Hundreds of scientists worldwide are represented by correspondence and include Alexander Agassiz, Glover M. Allen, Florentino Ameghino, Erwin H. Barbour, Franz Boas, Stephen F. Borhegyi, Robert Broom, Barnum Brown, Hermon C. Bumpus, Edwin H. Colbert, Thomas Alva Edison, Childs Frick, Walter Granger, William T. Gregory, Claude W. Hibbard, D.A. Hooijer, William T. Hornaday, Remington...
Identifier: VPA 69
Scope and Contents
Two oversized illustrations by Henry Fairfield Osborn and Charles Mook. 2 plates, 930 and 931, Camarasaurus paper. Placed here by Bob Evander 1/7/2005 to be archived as illustrations by Evander in the future.
Identifier: VPA 12
Scope and Contents Between the years 1896-1930, Henry Fairfield Osborn actively sought from universities, museums, and institutes from around the world paleontological specimens to exchange, borrow, and purchase. The collection of correspondences provides a map of acquisitive collecting that followed the last half of the 19th century’s expansion in paleontological activity, with the trend continuing into the 20th century as more areas around the world developed systematic fossil collections. There are 5 boxes...
- Administrative 1
- Paleontologists -- Correspondence 1
- Scientific expeditions 1
- Scientists -- Correspondence 1
- Vertebrates, Fossil -- Specimens 1
- Sternfeld, Ruth, d. 2007 3
- Agassiz, Alexander, 1835-1910 1
- Allen, Glover M. (Glover Morrill), 1879-1942 1
- Boas, Franz, 1858-1942 1
- Brown, Barnum 1
- Colbert, Edwin H. (Edwin Harris), 1905-2001 1
- Frick, Childs, 1883-1965 1
- Granger, Walter, 1872-1941 1
- Hornaday, William T. (William Temple), 1854-1937 1
- Knight, Charles Robert, 1874-1953 1
- Kunz, George Frederick, 1856-1932 1
- Matthew, William Diller, 1871-1930 1
- McKenna, Malcolm C. 1
- Merriam, J. C. (John Clark), 1829- 1
- Morris, Frederick K. (Frederick Kuhne), 1886 1
- Schaeffer, Bobb, 1913-2004 1
- Simpson, George Gaylord, 1902-1984 1
- Wortman, J. L. (Jacob Lawson), 1856-1926 1 ∧ less