Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Slides of African artifacts from Kenya, Nigeria, Ivory & Gold Coast, Belgian Congo, Liberia, Zaire, Kenya,Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sudan.
Slides of every bark painting gifted to the American Museum of Natural History, Department of Anthropology (approximately 90).
Repatriation items photographed for Elaine Guthrie. Mostly Blackfoot Sun Dance objects, one San Carlos Apache cap.
Studio photographs of Northern Mexican Indian artifacts taken by John Lilly. Artifacts from the AMNH Department of Anthropology collection. Objects refer to two publications: Memoirs of the American Museum of Natural History, Volume III: I-Symbolism of the Huichol Indians (by Carl Lumholtz, May 1900) and Arte Symbolico (AMNH Memoirs by the Instituto Nacional Indigenista).
Images of include Indian map of upper and middle Missouri River, birchbark records, quilled buffalo robes, dancing dress with pictographs, Munsee basket, Hidatsa basket and other artifacts.
Slides of Kwakiutl objects and Tlingit helmet. Objects include masks, paintings, and sculptures. One slide of the Haida War Canoe (Great Canoe).
Studio photographs of African objects from Herbert Lang's collection of African objects in the AMNH Department of Anthropology. Artifacts from the Belgian Congo including ivory objects, figurines, gourds, barkcloths and calabash.
- Names: American Museum of Natural History. Department of Anthropology X
- Photographic Slide Collection 12
- Tankas (Tibetan scrolls) -- Photographs 2
- Aboriginal Australians 1
- Africans 1
- Anatomists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Anthropologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Anthropometry. 1
- Antiquities -- Catalogs. 1
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Bark painting -- Australia 1
- Brain -- Evolution. 1
- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Antiquities 1
- Fossil hominids. 1
- Homo erectus. 1
- Huichol art 1
- Human beings -- Origin. 1
- Human evolution. 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Maps 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Antiquities 1
- Inuit -- Maps 1
- Ivory carving 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- North America 1
- Nuka Hiva (French Polynesia) 1
- Paleoanthropology -- History -- Sources. 1
- Peking man 1
- Physical anthropology -- History -- Sources. 1
- Seminole Indians 1
- Skull -- Evolution. 1
- Solo man. 1
- Tahiti (French Polynesia : Island) 1
- Tlingit art 1
- Tuamotu Archipelago (French Polynesia) 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 7
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 3
- Chesek, Craig 3
- Finnin, Denis 3
- American Museum of Natural History 2