Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Film Collection no. 147
Scope and Contents
Filmed during the AMNH Third Asiatic Expedition to China and Mongolia, 1921-1930. The film records the paleontological finds of the expedition. The most important is shown first: the discovery of the "perfect dozen" nest of dinosaur eggs by George Olsen, paleontologist, at the Flaming Cliffs of Shabarakh Usu in the Gobi Desert. Bones of Baluchitherium, one of the largest land mammals, a hornless relative of today's rhinoceros, and Embolitherium, an Oligocene mammal, are also seen being...
- Names: American Museum of Natural History
- Names: Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960
- Names: Shackelford, James B.
- Names: Olsen, George, d. 1939
- Repository: Research Library Special Collections
- Subject: Moving Images