Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Film Collection no. 146
Scope and Contents
Filmed during the AMNH Third Asiatic Expedition to China and Mongolia, 1921-1930. The expedition collected zoological specimens throughout Mongolia, but the main collecting was done in the Gobi Desert. This film shows some of the animals that were collected for scientific purposes, as well as those kept as pets. The animals collected includes swans, nightjars, ruddy shelducks, grebes, ducks, gazelles, wild asses, and jerboas. Next are seen the animals "kept" by members of the expedition: an...
- Names: American Museum of Natural History
- Names: Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960
- Names: Central Asiatic Expeditions Films (1921-1930)
- Repository: Research Library Special Collections
- Subject: Scientific expeditions -- Gobi Desert (Mongolia and China)
- Subject: Natural history -- Asia, Central.