Malcolm C. McKenna correspondence, field notes and papers
Scope and Contents
In 1990 Malcolm McKenna cleared his office files of early correspondence through 1985 and deposited them in the archives. It includes 5 field notebooks from Mongolia, 1990-1997. After he became Frick Curator Emeritus, McKenna made another transfer of papers to the archive in 2001. The collection is comprised of two series, reflecting the two deposits: I. Correspondence and field notebooks, 1948-1997 (previously VPA 48a) and II. Papers as Frick Curator Emeritus, 1980-2002 (previously VPA 48b).
- McKenna, Malcolm C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed in the Division of Paleontology. Please contact the collection manager for access; materials are sometimes restricted. https://www.amnh.org/research/paleontology/collections/vertebrate-paleontology-archives
29.5 Linear Feet (59 boxes)
Language of Materials
Materials have been processed and inventoried, keeping the original order. Subject catalog cards have been prepared where appropriate.
- Malcolm C. McKenna correspondence, field notes and papers, 1948-2002
- Melissa Silvestri, Allyson Mellone, Alana Gishlick, 2021; Maya Naunton, 2022
- 2022 March
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Minimal level collection record created with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Museums for America grant, 2020.
- August 2021: Based on Ruth Sternfeld's historic finding aid, Binder 8.