Vernon Shaw Kennedy collection of stereographs, photographs, and papers
Scope and Contents
Collection consists mostly of stereographs taken on an expedition to British East Africa, 1905-1907. One stereograph is of Carl Akeley. Also includes 3 photographs of animals possibly taken at London Zoo. Other materials include two field notebooks, typescript and handwritten documents on the Aurora Borealis, clipping regarding the death of Captain Johansen and a book review to AMNH, Specal Collections.
- Majority of material found within 1905-1907
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
approximately 203 Photographic Prints (1 box) : 200 stereographs, 3 black and white prints
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from Department of Anthropology, May 20, 2011.
Includes field photographs and field notes. One of the notebooks was used in documenting supplies for the British East Africa Expedition, 1905-1907.
Stereographs mounted on cards with handwritten captions on verso.
Condition reviewed 2010 fair; some stereograph prints are discolored around edges; paper material in good-fair condition; needs bigger box
Possible subject terms: Africa, East. 
- Vernon Shaw Kennedy collection of stereographs, photographs, and papers, 1900-1930 (bulk 1905-1907)
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.