Lidio Cipriani's field photographs of Andaman Island's Onge Tribe
Scope and Contents
Field photographs mainly of women from the Onge Tribe. Examples of face painting.
- circa 1954
- Cipriani, Lidio, 1894-1962 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
1 box (7 photographic prints)
Includes photocopied article about the tribe.
Includes field photographs.
Condition reviewed 2010 good; prints are sleeved
Possible subject terms: Andaman and Nicobar Islands (India) >> Onge (Indic people)
- Lidio Cipriani's field photographs of Andaman Island's Onge Tribe, circa 1954
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.