Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Consisting mostly of cut and uncut gems and minerals as well as some carvings, figures, and vases. Nearly all of the slides are captioned with detailed information about the type of stone and the place of origin.
American Museum of Natural History miscellaneous special events photographic slides, 1970, 1993, 1994, undated.
Mostly photographs taken at events at the American Museum of Natural History. Images taken indoors and outdoors. Some events include Rhythym of the World (1994) and West Side Day (1970). A small subset of slides shows underwater exploration.
"Birds of All Oceans": Pen and ink and water color on paper mounted on cardboard. Layout sheets for the field guide,"The Golden Guide to Birds of North America":colored pencil on translucent overlay, rubber cemented on backing pages.
Nature photography mostly taken in Glacier National Park, Montana. One image of Lake Louise in Banff National Park. Includes many close up photographs of flowers and some animals.
AMNH Department of Education programs, including West Side Day (1970), Margaret Mead Film Festival (September 1978), African arts & crafts class (1974), Natural Science Center (1974), Discovery Room (1977), Moveable Museum (1993) and other miscellaneous events and images. Two glass mounted slides show an art class sketching from a diorama in the Akeley Hall of African Mammals (1949).
Images from exhibits in the AMNH Gardner Stout Hall of Asian Peoples. Includes artifacts on display, artists and preparators setting up the exhibits, models, and exhibit text panels.
- Names: Singer, Arthur X
- Research Library Special Collections 8
- Department of Ornithology Archives 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 5
- Art Survey 3
- Birds 3
- Museums -- Educational aspects 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology. Archives. 1
- Banff National Park (Alta.) 1
- Flowers 1
- Gems -- Photographs 1
- Glacier National Park (Mont.) 1
- Minerals -- Photographs 1
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 1
- Nature photography 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 4
- American Museum of Natural History 2
- Chesek, Craig 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Education 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Gardner D. Stout Hall of Asian Peoples 1