Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Francis Lee Jaques field diaries and sketchbooks
Identifier: Mss .J37
Summary Francis Lee Jaques (28 September 1887-24 July 1969), also known as Lee Jaques, is celebrated for his diorama paintings at the American Museum of Natural History, executed during the early and mid-twentieth century. A frequent collaborator with Museum curator and ornithologist Frank M. Chapman (1864-1945), the artist is especially associated with the Whitney Memorial Hall of Pacific Bird Life (that was co-designed with Robert Cushman Murphy, Museum curator and ornithologist). This collection...
North American Indian Halls photographic slides, circa 1966.
Identifier: PSC 59
Models and views of old hall architecture for the AMNH Halls of North American Indians. Includes the Great Canoe exhibited with models and exhibits in the Hall of Eastern Woodland Indians.
Dates: circa 1966
Pow Wow Now exhibition photographic slides, 1996.
Identifier: PSC 98
Views from the temporary exhibition Pow Wow Now, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996. Includes displays, wall texts and multi-media exhibits.
Witness: Endangered Species of North America exhibition photographic slides
Identifier: PSC 103F
Scope and Contents
Views of the temporary exhibition Witness: Endangered species of North America exhibit, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 3
- Photographic Slide Collection 3
- Indians of North America 2
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration 1
- Artists 1
- Birds -- Exhibitions 1
- Diaries 1
- Endangered species -- North America -- Exhibitions 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Museum construction 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Natural history museums -- Employees 1
- North America 1
- Ornithology -- United States 1
- Scientific expeditions 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Arctic regions 1
- Voyages and travels 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 3
- Photo Studio 3
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Preparation and Installation 1
- Bartlett, Bob, 1875-1946 1
- Chapin, James Paul, 1889-1964 1