Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Views of the temporary exhibition Dinosaurs, Mammoths and Cavemen: the Art of Charles R. Knight, held at the American Museum of Natural History. Images include gallery interior and framed paintings with wall text.
Originally entitled "Leaping Laelaps," this watercolor may be the earliest depiction of theropods, or actually any dinosaur, as highly active and dynamic, based on the opinions of E.D. Cope and Henry Fairfield Osborn, the curator of vertebrate paleontology at the American Museum of Natural History at the time of the painting's commission.
Two duck-billed dinosaurs, one in foreground standing in three-quarter view and the other drinking from a pond or lake.
- Art Survey 7
- Dinosaurs -- Art 5
- Stegosaurus -- Art. 4
- Dinosaurs in art 3
- Agathaumas sylvestris -- In art 1
- Dinosaurs -- Lance Formation (Colo. and Wyo.) -- In art 1
- Dinosaurs -- Pictorial works 1
- Dinosaurs -- Wyoming -- In art 1
- Dryptosaurus -- In art 1
- Hadrosauridae -- Pictorial works 1
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Triceratops -- In art 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 1