Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
American Museum Congo Expedition correspondence, 1917-1920.
Identifier: Mss .C661
Dates: 1917 - 1920
American Museum of Natural History Congo Expedition field book on fish, 1909-1915.
Identifier: Mss .A465
Contains one field book titled "Fishes".
Dates: 1909 - 1915
James Paul Chapin correspondence, 1953
Identifier: Mss .C4537
Scope and content The collection consists of letters, handwritten and typwritten, to and from Chapin, mostly concerning his upcoming trip and work. The letters are arranged in alphabetical order by correspondent. Seven letters are from Henri Schouteden and nine are from Robert W. Storer. Other correspondents (one letter each, except where noted) include Rudyerd Boulten; L.D. Branch, discussing the lyre-tailed honeyguide; Herbert Friedmann, discussing honeyguide nesting, including the species Indicator minor;...
Dates: 1953 - 1953
- Scientific expeditions -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 2
- Animals -- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Catalogs and collections 1
- Animals -- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Classification. 1
- Birds -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Discovery and exploration. 1
- Fishes 1
- Honeyguides. 1
- Natural history -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Ornithologists -- Correspondence. 1
- Ornithology -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1 ∧ less
- American Museum Congo Expedition (1909-1915) 2
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology 1
- Chapin Field Trip to the Eastern Congo (1953-1958) 1
- Chapin, James Paul, 1889-1964 1