Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Photographs of pygmies of the Congo, contains multiple images of children, one slide of an okapi.
Mostly consists of field photographs from the Belgian Congo including birds, nests, large mammals, lakes, general landscape and buildings. Also includes pictures of colleagues and/or family, Pygmies and a Pygmy dance, Watusi dance and some images showing the preparation for the Ross Expedition (1957). A few slides taken in the United States, primarily California.
Photographs from the Chapin Collection taken mostly in Africa, including Senegal, Belgian Congo, Rwanda, and a few photographs from the United States, including Carl Akeley's grave. Images of birds, birds' nests, flowering trees, indigenous people, colleagues, and family.
Studio photographs of African objects from Herbert Lang's collection of African objects in the AMNH Department of Anthropology. Artifacts from the Belgian Congo including ivory objects, figurines, gourds, barkcloths and calabash.
Photographs of African artifacts from Belgian Congo and Kasai District. Includes ivory ax, textiles, ivory trumpet, and heddle pulley.
- Congo (Democratic Republic) 2
- Pygmies -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 2
- Birds -- Africa 1
- Birds -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Antiquities 1
- Okapi 1
- Rwanda 1
- Senegal 1
- Textile fabrics -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Tutsi (African people) 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 3
- Chapin, James Paul, 1889-1964 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Anthropology 1
- Lang, Herbert, 1879-1957 1
- Putnam, Anne Eisner 1