Department of Ornithology collection on Audubon materials
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, complete copies of "Birds of America left in the world today" A-Z (4 boxes), publications, clippings, articles, exhibit records and catalogs, "Birds of America" card catalogs, biographical information, administrative records including AMNH holdings, Loan information, Appraisals, condition reports, Photographs, manuscripts, CD's, and research notes.
- circa 1880s-2007
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed in the Department of Ornithology. Please contact the collection manager for access; materials are sometimes restricted. https://www.amnh.org/research/vertebrate-zoology/ornithology
13 Linear Feet (24 manuscript boxes, 5 custom boxes, 14 volumes and pamphlets, 1 small plastic case)
Language of Materials
Arranged by subject.
- Department of Ornithology collection on Audubon materials, circa 1880s-2007
- Rebecca Morgan, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Risk Assessment grant, 2010.
Part of the Department of Ornithology Archives Repository
Division of Vertebrate Zoology
Department of Ornithology
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York NY 10024-5192 US