Frederic A. Lucas photograph collection of portraits, and personal biographies of scientific staff
Scope and Contents
This collection houses forms which were mailed out by F. A. Lucas of the U.S. National Museum containing biographical information on individual scientists as well as newspaper articles on same for the Johnnon's Universal Cyclopedia. The second folder contains portrait photographs of same..
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
3 Photographic Prints (1 box)
2 Sheets : illustrations
Condition reviewed 2010 fair; Prints are sleeved. Box labeled as needing conservation.
- Frederic A. Lucas photograph collection of portraits, and personal biographies of scientific staff, 1892-1894
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA