1929 - 1952
The Bashford Dean Hall of Fossil Fishes featured many of the same exhibits as its immediate predecessor, the Fossil Fish Hall. These exhibits included a fossil aquarium, a model of Dinichthys suspended from the ceiling, and restoration jaws of the fossil shark, Carcharodon megalodan (2, 1931, p. 111). A bronze portrait plaque of Bashford Dean stood at the entrance to the halls. In 1935-1936 evolutionary charts were installed, including an illuminated diagram illustrating the sequence of different groups of fishes throughout the fossil record and another illustrating the classification and anatomy of the various groups of the fossil ostracoderms (1, 1936, p. 11-12). The fossil fish exhibits moved to an alcove in the Jurassic Dinosaur Hall between 1950 and 1953.
Content negotiation supports the following types: